Basic Course In Dental Implantology
- The course is spread over 6 modules; each module 2 day (10am-4pm); over a period of 6 months.
- Each participant will get to place 4 implants on actual patients.
- All cases will be planned with the help of CBCT, Participants will be actively involved in not just implant placement but also in the treatment planning of their cases.
- Participants take part in mock/pre-clinical exercise on phantom heads, where-in they have an opportunity to develop skills & confidence for the actual surgery.
- Cases for immediate implant placement, implant supported overdenture , single tooth replacement will be done by participants.
- All cases will be provided by the academy.
- All prosthetic aspects from impression techniques to prosthesis delivery are undertaken in the 5th & 6th modules.
- Full clinical support by the faculty for your future implant cases.
Module 1 : (Duration 2 days)
- Introduction to dental Implantology
- Rationale of dental implants
- Bone physiology
- Applied anatomy
- Concepts of osseointegration
- Hands On:
Demonstration by the mentor & Hands-on placement on models
Module 2 : (Duration 2 days)
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in implant dentistry
- Biomechanical Considerations,
- Imaging (CT scan / X rays)
- Model analysis
- Surgical Protocol,
- Pharmacology in implant dentistry
- Clinical session :
Implant Surgery by participants
Module 3 (Duration 2 days)
- Surgical template & guided surgery.
- Overview of Bone grafting.
- Immediate implant placement
- Single stage vs two stage procedure
Clinical session :
Implant surgery by participants
Module 4 : (Duration 2 days)
- All on Four & All on Six concept
- Indirect sinus lift
- Concept of implant overdentures
- Introduction to some of the commonly used implant systems
Clinical session :
Demonstration of indirect sinus lift by the MENTOR on patient Implant surgery by participants
Module 5: (Duration 2 days)
- Prosthetic components: Abutment selection
- Second stage surgical protocol
- Lecture and demonstration by mentor on impression techniques
- Soft tissue management
Impression making by participants
Module 6: (Duration 2 days)
- Prosthetic options in dental Implantology
- Implant Occlusion
- Failures and complications,
- Mantainence & hygiene for dental implants,
Prosthesis delivery by participants