This course is designed to expand a students’ knowledge and confidence in Implant practice in following areas:
- Applied anatomy pertaining to Implant dentistry.
- Case selection and treatment planning using Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) and Orthopantomogram (OPG)
- Identifying the need for grafting procedures.
- Sequencing the surgical procedures, prosthodontic phase and loading protocol.
- Surgical techniques of Implantology.
- Diagnosis and management of surgical and prosthodontic complications.
COURSE CURRICULUM DAY TOPICS:
- Introduction to Implantology
- Biology of Osseonintegration and its clinical implications
- Medical evaluation
- Applied Anatomy
- Biological width and its clinical significance Flap design
- Treatment Planning
- Case selection: Single Implants
- Treatment planning using CBCT & OPG
- Suturing techniques (Demo and hands only)
- Extraction and Immediate Implant placement
- Surgical Protocol
- Flap Vs flapless techniques
- Grafting Vs graft-less options
- Implant fixture site preparation protocol
- Management of surgical complications
- Live-demo of implants placement
- Dummy placement in models
- Placement of implants in Styrofoam models
- Prosthetic components
- Healing abutments
- Abutments: Screw retained, cement retained,
- Impression copings, Implant Analog
- Impression Materials and techniques
- Open tray/closed tray techniques
- Impression techniques for single implant cases
- Implant protective occlusion
- Canine guided and group function occlusion
- Impression demonstration in Styrofoam model
- Complications & failures
- Management of prosthetic complications
- Distribution of certificates
Day 5: (Optional)
- Live Placement
- *This clinical session is optional and meant for students who are interested in placing implants on patients
- Surgical placement of implants by the students
- Placement of impression copings and taking impression. Placing implants on patients are options. Please speak to course coordinator, if you wish to participate.
BDS from DCI recognized university & State DCI registration.
COURSE FEE & INCLUSIONS:
- Styrofoam jaw models & dummy implants for hands-on session.
- Dental consumables and other materials used during the course.
- Study materials provided as a part of the course.
- Working lunch & Tea on all days.
- Course completion certificate will be provided by Rajan Dental Institute.
COMPREHENSIVE COURSE ON IMPLANTOLOGY :
- Live Demonstration of Implant Surgery by Dr. Gunaseelan Rajan
- Impression procedures done on patients
- Continued support and guidance from the faculty for an extended perios of time after the course
- Hands-on Session guided by clinicians with over 25 years of experience in Implantology
- Comprehensive lectures by Internationally renowned faculty.
- Case selection and treatment planning using CBCT and OPG
- Troubleshooting in Implantology