About The Program:
- The “MASTERS FELLOWSHP IN MICRO-ENDODONTICS” (MFM) is duly affiliated & accredited by the SAVEETHA UNIVERSITY.
- Candidates who have completed MDS Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics/Equivalent Degree from any Recognized University are ELIGIBLE
- The Progam duration is 6 months
- The Program is restricted to limited candidates only for personalized interaction.
- The program will be conducted by SAVEETHA UNIVERSITY in association with ACCESS DENTAL INSTITUE,Chennai
The Masters Fellowship in Micro-Endodontics (MFM) Curriculum include THEORY,PRE-CLINICAL WORK & PRACTICAL EXAMINATION Using DENTAL OPERATING MICROSCOPES ONLY.
- Introduction to Magnification in Endodontics
- Magnification Tools & Parameters.
- Dental Loupes –Selection Criteria,Various magnification & their applications,IPD,Working Distance etc.
- Getting Startes With Microscopes.
- Microscope selection criteria
- Basic operations & Functions of Microscope.
- Parfocality,IPD Determination,Focusing etc.
- Hand-mirror-scope coordination for Maxillary & Mandibular teeth
- Chair Position & Microscope Focusing.
- Micro/Ninja/Caries Diven access Cavity
- Methods of Isolation of Mutilated/rotated/inaccessible teeth with physical & Liquid Dam.
- Ultrasonics in Endodontics
- Ultrasonics Tips for Irrigation/Access Refinement/Calcifications/Instrument retrivel
- Access Refinement using Ultrasonic Tips.
- Tracing MBZ/Extra canals
- Management of Pulp Stores/Calcifications/Complete Obliteration o Canals
- Apex Locators and Rotary /Recipro Glide path files
- Selection of Recipro/Rotary/Hybrid for Complex Canals
- Irrigation Protocols using Ultrasonic/Sonic.
- LASERS in Endodontics.
- Thermoplastic Obtuation /Warm Vertical/Carrier based Obturation techniqes
- RETREATMENT –Case selection,GP Removal,Ledge Management,Work-Flow & technique for Specific cases
- Management of Coronal & Radicular Perforations
- Handling & Applications of MTA/MTA Based/Bio-Ceramic Sealers.
- How to minimize instrument separation
- Bypassing techniques & Protocols.
- Instrument retrivel when & where to attempt
- Step-wise Instrument retrivel techniques
- Use of ultrasonic Tips Specific size,no & Shape for retrieval
PRE-CLINCAL EXERCISES (Under Individual Microscopes & Extracted Teeth)
- Orientation,.Posture,Coordination & Focusing in Microscopes
- Documentation Protocols using Beam Splitter/Mount & Adapters for Sony/Canon/Nikon
- Micro/Ninja Access prep
- Access Refinement using Ultrasonic Tips
- Tracing MB2/Extra Canals
- Management of Pulp Stones/Calcifications/Complete Obliteration of Canals.
- Thermoplastic Obturation/Warm Vertical/Carrier based Obturation
- Re-treatment GP Removal & Canal Shaping
- Handling & applications of MTA For perforations/MTA Based/Bio-Ceramic Sealers.
- Instrument retrivel stepwisw instrument retrival techniques using ultrasonics/Band & Loupes etc.
CENTRE WILL PROVIDE:
- Microscope:Multiple International and National Brands will be Provided for Use/Multiple Features & Applications/Compare.
- Loupes – Multiple Magnifications /Working Distance /Brands
- Extracted teeth/Phantom mount for Indirect vision
- Endo Micro access bur
- Ultrasonics units
- Ultrasonic Tips for Access refinement
- All Consumables Kfile,Irrigants,Solvents,Mask/Gloves etc.
- Thermapap Oven,Touch N Heat
- Re-treatment Rotary Files
- MTS/Bio-ceramic Sealers
- Instrument retrieval Ultrasonic Units & retrival tips.
CANDIDATES SHOULD BRING:
- Airotor Hand piece
- Micro-Motor Contra-angle handpiece
- Endo Motor
- Apex Locator
- Rubber Dam Kits/Clamps/(Sheets will be provided)
CLINICAL WORK(under Individual Microscopes & Patients)
Candidates have to submit 10 documented cases done under microscopes.
- Cases of Special Anatomy –Extra canal (MB2,DB2,Middle mesial etc),Vertucci configuration cases,Deep splits etc): 3 cases
- Re-Treatment(Ledge Management,Missed Canals,GP Retrieval etc): 2 cases
- Separated Instrument retrieval : 2 cases
- Miscellaneous cases of special interest :3 cases
Evaluation I : Submission of 5 Documented cases with discussion after 3 months
All clinical work should be done ONLY under Microscope WITH Documentation at Candidates clinic/centre/college as per the preference of the candidate
Evaluation II :Submission of next 5 documentes cases with discussion after 6 months
PRACTICAL EXAMINATION:Clinical Endodontic work using Microscope on Patient Access Opening,Tracing of Canals,Shaping upto Master cone selection held ONLY at SAEETHA DENTAL COLLEGE duly evaluated by 2 examiners (Internal & External )
CERTIFICATION:Candidates after Successful completion of practical Examination will be Awarded :MASTERS FELLOWSHIP IN MICRO-ENDODONTICS”(MFM) duly affiliated with SAVEETHA UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE WILL PROVIDE:
- Dental Chairs
- Patients for clinical work with patient management software
- RVG X-ray
- Camera for Documentation
- Ultrasonic Units
- Obturation Equipment (System B /Obtura)
- All Consumables,Irrigants,LA,Syringes,Solvents,Mask/Gloves etc
Candidates should bring:
- Airotor Hand-piece
- Micro-Motor contra-angle handpiece
- Burs/K files
- Endo motor
- Ultrasonic Tips for use
- Rubber Dam kits /clamps/(Sheets will be provided)
- White Coat